Today I had a good day at work. It was my performance review after 6 months on the job.
I hoped it would be favourable. We started out to lunch at a nice restaurant. We sat on the patio and it was a beautiful sunny day.
After ordering our lunch, my boss began. It turns out that she IS happy with my work (thank God!) and she wants to hire clerical assistance on contract to allow me to escape the drudgery of faxing and photocopying so that I can learn a little more about the business and spend more time on client services.
Sounds great to me! All this plus a pay raise. What more could I ask?
I have to think of some special way to say thank you. I'm on vacation next week so I'll keep my eyes open for just the right thing.
Yup ... a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment